follow us on INSTAGRAM

______________________________________________

2021 Iceland: Ready to Travel

July 29
Day Before Leaving for Iceland

Traveling during the pandemic is rough on people with anxiety disorders – like me. I mean, I have trouble with travel anxiety in the best of times! But, I was trying my best manage the extra stress of the pandemic and roll with the changes and the uncertainty.

Instagram Stories Post

With less than a week until our departure, Iceland reinstated its policy of needing a negative test within 72 hours of your flight, even with proof of vaccination. So, we researched which kinds of tests were accepted (not all are), found a place offering rapid PCR results (because getting results within 72 hours for a regular test is not guaranteed), scheduled our appointments, and went for our COVID tests on the 28th.

Thankfully, both of our results came back negative. Even though we are both fully vaccinated and both felt fine, let me tell you, my anxiety about one of us having a positive test, or one of us not getting our results back in time, was a bit much!

The last time we left the country without the kids was for our 10th Anniversary Trip to Tulum in 2015. I always over-prepare for every contingency when we're going to be so far away and possibly hard to reach. Enter our home "Command Center" magneted to the fridge with every bit of info anyone could possibly need while we were gone.

Home "Command Center"

And, for us, I had our "Tentative Itinerary" printed out with all the info we might need on the go.

Iceland Tentative Itinerary

Twenty-four hours before departure, we were all packed. All prepped. And all set to go.

Instagram Stories Post