follow us on INSTAGRAM

______________________________________________

Crater Lake Tentative Itinerary

This trip is a substitute for mine and my mom's 20th anniversary return to Australia and should have happened this year, however, the pandemic postponed our plans. But, it looks like we'll be able to make it happen next year. We've put together a tentative itinerary and started booking for July 2022!

Here's the plan, so far:

Day 1: Fly ORD-PDX / PU Rental Car / Multnomah Falls

Days 2: 5hr Drive to Crater Lake

Day 3: Hikes / Scenic Drives / Stargazing

Day 4: Hikes / Scenic Drives / Stargazing

Day 5: 4.5hr Drive to Coast

Day 6: Whale Watching Tour

Day 7: Exploring

Day 8: Exploring

Day 9: DO Rental Car / Fly PDX-ORD

My mom and I both love waterfalls, so when we realized driving straight to Crater Lake on Day 1 was going to be a bit too much, adding a stop at Multnomah Falls was a perfect fit. Then, we'll have Days 2, 3, & 4 at Crater Lake which was chosen as the substitute for our return to Australia because of the sentimental attachment both my mom and I have thanks to an elementary school report I did on the National Park. But, I also expect it to possibly be reminiscent of our visit to Cradle Lake in Tasmania from that trip 20 years ago and I truly hope the stargazing will be the best we've seen since Australia. Next, we'll drive to the coast for some whale watching and relaxing oceanside. My mom and I went whale watching in Dominica in 2004 and she absolutely loved it. And with this being a family trip, I know my kids (especially my girls) will be most excited about this part – beach, ocean, marine mammals, it'll make a fabulous finale.

Fingers crossed.