follow us on INSTAGRAM

______________________________________________

Getting Away For Our 15th Anniversary

If our last vacation did anything for me, it was to offer clarity about what I want our next vacation to be.

I want to get away from it all. Far away. No crowds. Peace and quiet. Natural beauty. And I really need a break from tropical climates.

Now, technically, our 15th Anniversary won't be our next vacation. We've got something big lined up with family for next summer. It will be an amazing family vacation, but it is much more kid-centric – and pretty much the opposite of what I just described. Also, we've still got our 14th Anniversary, this year. We are hoping to fulfill as much of my wish list as we can with our quick weekend getaway by heading to Hiawatha National Forest in the Fall. But, at best, we'll only get one full day there. At worst, John won't be able to get off work and we'll end up with a stay-cation at home instead (still a kid-free weekend, though – thanks, grandparents!).

So, we got to thinking about next year. We budget a bit more for bigger trips in our milestone anniversary years. What sort of destination would fit my dream vacation?

After tossing a few ideas around, we landed on Iceland. That's right. Iceland. On a budget. I plan to share how we're going to swing a 10-night trip to one of the most expensive counties on the planet – within our budget – in an upcoming post.

For now, I am daydreaming of getting far away from it all to beautiful Iceland late next Summer.