follow us on INSTAGRAM

______________________________________________

Answering the Lexington Alarm

On this day in 1775, “the shot heard round the world” was fired and thus started the first battles of the American Revolutionary War.

In just the past year, my family history research finally produced some solid evidence tracing multiple lines back to colonial times (I trust nothing without seeing a source document, which makes for pretty slow going even when I know what I am looking for).

I have since confirmed several ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War. Including my 6th Great Grandfather, Noah Bliss, a 40-year-old from Rehoboth, Massachusetts, who was one of the minutemen to answer the Lexington Alarm.

I have a little more than a year to try to better piece together his, and the other Revolutionary War stories in our family history before our East Coast Road Trip in 2019!