follow us on INSTAGRAM

______________________________________________

Pokémon GO on the Road

We are all Pokémon fans, the 5 of us, from the trading card game to the anime to the online TCG and to, most recently, the Pokémon GO mobile game app. In fact, the kids' birthday party in June of last year was Pokémon themed.

When the app was released on July 6th, last summer, we were on our St Louis Road Trip and missed the news until we returned and downloaded it on the 8th. One of our first thoughts after playing a bit was that it would have been tons of fun to have played it on our road trip!

Obviously, the main objective of our road trips is not to play a mobile game, but it would be an entertaining addition, especially for those roadside pit stops on long drive days or during boring wait times.

We have been playing Pokémon GO for over 10 months now and while it felt stale and I nearly completely lost interest at one point, the nicer weather and special events have pulled me back in. I have to say that I am looking forward to hitting the road this summer and playing in some new states, though I have a feeling it may not be as exciting as I hope. More than likely, it'll be the same sort of mons we see around here, but maybe I'll be surprised. We won't know 'til we GO! Plus, with Niantic hinting at big updates this Summer, it could be a great time to take GO on the road.