follow us on INSTAGRAM

______________________________________________

How We Packed for Disney

I saw this tip in several different places around the internet and thought I would give it a try for our Walt Disney World Vacation -- packing in ziploc bags.

The basic idea is that each person has a bag for each day with their clothes for that day. The system keeps matching clothes together and makes getting dressed each day as easy as grab and go. The main appeal to me, for this trip, was that I could figure out what outfit would be ideal for which day (based on what characters we would be meeting that day) and mark it ahead of time.

I laid out all of our clothes, separated them into outfits for each day, and started putting them in bags labeled by person and day. It worked really well for the kids' outfits. I couldn't fit my or John's shorts into the gallon bags, so those just stayed out. We wear our PJs a couple nights, so I just marked those bags accordingly. I made a bag for each person's swimwear, too. And each person had a bag with some extras, just in case.

Everything For All Five Of Us For A 7-Night WDW Vacation

Some places where I saw the tip also boasted that it saved space; I am not convinced that was the case. But I did manage to get everything for all five of us for a 7-night WDW vacation into two suitcases and a carry-on. We, of course, each had a personal carry-on bag, as well, with our personal essentials for travel.

All That Fit Into These Three Bags

Overall, I really liked this method and I plan to continue to use it for future trips. I appreciated how organized it helped keep everything through the whole process -- packing, getting dressed each day, keeping dirty clothes together -- and I love organization.